28 April, 2010

Drama

So, I'm in this play. It's my first time acting, and I'm pretty sure I'd be having a blast, if it weren't for the director. She's pretty much either watching us silently, or telling us, in a not so encouraging way, that we suck and need to seriously get it together. I know she's telling us the truth, but couldn;t she at least be a little nicer about it? She never tells us that we're doing a good job. Period. It kind of wears on the self confidence after a while, and I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I should have told the teacher that sure, I'd be director. I can at least compliment people once in a while. I don't think any of us really LIKE the director, but at least all of us actors get along with each other. Our play would REALLY suck if we didn't. Though there's this one guy that I can't stand, since he's a bit self-centered and doesn't really do what he's supposed to half of the time. He's my partner for being the historian, and the past few days I've asked him to take some pictures, for the scrapbook at the end. Guess what he's been doing. Hanging back stage, not taking pictures like I asked. And I have to be backstage, since I can't really slip out into the theater, take pictures, and then get back backstage in time to go back on. I think tomorrow I'll take some pictures of us backstage. That could be fun to put in the scrapbook. So... Yeah.

I ended up laying in my bed feeling miserable this afternoon. Eventually fell asleep to escape it, which I guess helped a little, but not tons like I'd hoped it would. I was crying at one point, for no other reason than that I needed to release some emotion, and crying was a good way to do so without drawing the attention of the others in the house. So... Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Other's cooperation itself is usually half the battle for most tasks.

    ReplyDelete